Friday, July 2, 2010

Happy 4th

We have decided that we are going to stay home this year
and have our own fireworks show in our own yard.
Grandma and grandpa from both sides are coming over. I love
the 4th. I do not however, love the fact that there are people
out there that think those couple of beers they had earlier do
not count because they also had a meal or a cup of coffee. I
think everyone knows what I am talking about. Drinking and driving.
It is never OK. And if you have a license to drink then you
should be mature and responsable enough not to get behind the wheel.
Having said that I wish everyone a Fun and Safe weekend.
And do not forget to thank our military men and women.
I have to share this story because it really bothered me when it happened.
I was standing in line at a gas station in Vacaville, CA  when
a service member from Travis AFB walked in.
She got in line to pay and out steps another women who
loudly claimed that she was next in line "Sorry".  (The service woman mind you
was in full dress did I mention that, duh, that's how I knew who she was.)
anyways, after big mouth pays, respected one pulls out her wallet and realizes that
she can't find her atm card. well the cashier told her to bring the payment back in later
(I think she was a regular) which of course big mouth heard and proceeded to cause a scene.
Stating that she was sick and tired of "people in the service" getting special treatment.
And she probably knows exactly where it is. AND she is worse than a panhandler at least they
really don't have any money. And then started the line about how its the taxpayers money
paying her salary and she won't even pay for her gas.
WOW I can tell you I had not developed my submissive qualities yet (smile)
and after I thanked the service woman for just being who she was,
I turned to big mouth and told her I am so glad I do not have to know you.
And that I hopefully will never have the opportunity to see you again


Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. Rena, I have had similar encounters with people, usually I am speaking up for the retail clerk who is subjected to verbal abuse by people who view then as their servants and take their own frustrations out on them. Thanks for the reminder to thank those in the military, they give so much more than their meager salaries compensate them for. They risk and give their lives for ours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For every idiot out their that condemn service members there are several of us that will gladly buy or pay for something for a person in uniform especially military. I learned to appreciate these great people when my son went into the Marines and kind souls did this for him. Thank God there aren't many idiots like this out there.

    ReplyDelete